Join Authors Against Bullying on Friday Oct 19th

Posted by Mandy M. Roth on Oct 15, 2012 in Day in the Life |

*While the deadline for being included in the author hyperlinked section has passed as has the event date. Yasmine and I do still encourage all authors and NON authors wanting to share their stories to please do so and to please stop past our blogs and put links to your post in our comment sections (of our Authors Against Bullying posts so it is sure to be seen by people visiting the thread)and all other authors linked. Also, on twitter the hashtag is #AuthorsAgainstBullying. This is such a worthy cause and bullying is something that happens everyday. Thank you so much for the overwhelming response*

( A message from Mandy M Roth) If you’ve been following online media at all chances are you know who Amanda Todd is. She is the Canadian teen who committed suicide because of bullying. She posted a Youtube video that told her story. The comments on the video and the web have managed to both warm my heart and horrify me. Some commenters have made such hateful and vicious remarks about her taking her life that I won’t credit them with repeating them. It’s not just a few, but many disgusting negative things being said. I refuse to believe these people speak for the masses. I have to believe the majority of us don’t think “she deserved it”. And I’m guessing most of us are sickened of the stories we hear about bullying. Many of us have had our lives touched by bullying in some form. It changes you. You can often feel isolated, desperate and lose all hope. That’s a dangerous place to be.

Without hope.

I’m not the only author who feels this way. In fact, a group of us have gathered together to stand united against bullying. We want those who are victims of bullying to know they are not alone and there is hope. On Friday Oct 19th Authors Against Bullying will be posting to our blogs, letting the world know we are not okay with bullying. We ask that you help us spread the word, that you join us on this day, read our posts, hear our stories and comment. Share your stories as well. Open lines of communication to help bring bullying to an end. October is National Bullying Awareness Month and we hope all of you join us in standing up against bullying.

Join us, Authors Against Bullying, on Friday Oct 19th. We will be blogging and taking a stand against bullying.

*Each authors’ opinions on bullying are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of all participating.

Want to know how you can help? Easy… help us spread the word about what we’re doing. Tell your friends. If you can, stop past each blog and try to comment, even if its just quick to show the world we are united against this. If you have a story about being bullied or bullying has touched your life in some way please do share it in the comment sections of the blogs this Friday Oct 19th, or even post to your own FB, blog, etc. We want people talking about this. We want those who are being bullied or who have been bullied to know they are NOT alone and they do MATTER. You are ALL welcome to use the Authors Against Bullying graphics to help spread the word about our cause. I’m adding a smaller one here. Thank you so much for helping us try to make a difference.

Here is the author coding in HTML format for anyone wanting to help spread the word.

RTF FILES

1 Column list

2 Column list

3 Column list

DOC FILES

1 Column List

2 Column List

3 Column List

Tags:

20 Comments

Lucy Monroe
Oct 15, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Hi, Mandy…I saw a Tweet about this on Alyssa Day’s feed. I’d really like to participate in any way that I can. I’ll start by Tweeting about it right now. :) But this is a subject very near and dear to my heart. Mega hugs for doing this! ~ Lucy

Carrie Fort
Oct 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I think this is amazing what yu doing!!!

Mandy M. Roth
Oct 15, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Lucy, I emailed you with more info about joining in. :)

Carrie: Thank you so much!!!!

Laura
Oct 15, 2012 at 3:47 pm

What can I do to help?

Mandy M. Roth
Oct 15, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Thanks for asking Laura. Your question sparked an update to the above post.

Melissa Mayhue
Oct 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Hi, Mandy ~ I learned about this campaign through Yasmine Galenorn and I just want to say how important I think this is. I’d love to help in any way I can as I strongly believe that bullying is something that can have such strong negative influences on a person, they can last a lifetime.

I’m posting on Facebook and passing along on Twitter.

Angie (Cherrydarling) Crum
Oct 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm

This is so important, and I am so happy you and others started this. Bullying NEEDS to stop! And I will help however I can!!

Mary Kennedy
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm

So glad you are doing this! October is National Bullying Prevention Month and this is a great way to spread the word.

Tracie
Oct 16, 2012 at 4:19 am

I am not an Author but all of you are amazing helping to stamp out bullying. This is something we all have an obligation to stop if we see it whether in school , at home or at work it should Never be accepted.
Love you Girls and thank you to all the Author’s who have jumped on board. Will share on my FB page and help spread the word where ever I can

Vanessa North
Oct 16, 2012 at 10:20 am

Hi Mandy! What a fantastic idea! I’ll help spread the word.

Mandy M. Roth
Oct 16, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Thank you everyone!

Heather
Oct 16, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Hi Manet I would love for The Book Reading Gals to be a part of this.

Taryn Raye
Oct 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Would love to be included and I’m spreading the word as I type this- saw it via Yasmine’s FB post- I’ve shared on Twitter and FB myself and I’ll be sure to make the rounds Friday. I’m scheduling a blog post myself, if I could be included on the Authors list. This is a great movement to shed light where too much darkness and ignorance exists.

Mandy M. Roth
Oct 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm

*The deadline for being included in the author hyperlinked section has passed. Yasmine and I do still encourage all authors and NON authors wanting to share their stories to please do so and to please stop past our blogs and put links to your post in our comment sections and all other authors linked. Please feel free to use the graphic provided and to cross link to authors participating. This is such a worthy cause. Thank you so much for the overwhelming response*

Mandy M. Roth
Oct 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Don’t let the entries being closed chase you away. This is such a great cause. And I feel everyone’s stories about anti-bullying need to be heard. Please do post them to your blogs on Oct 19th and please do stop past each of our blogs and post your link in our comment section letting readers know where to go to read your story.

Charlayne Elizabeth Denney
Oct 16, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I am a reviewer for Paranormal Romance Guild and for Tigris Garden of Books and working on my own first novel. I totally support what you are doing and will post this on my WordPress, Live Journal, Blogger, and Facebook posts. I got bullied as a kid, my kids got bullied, and now I have 9 grandchildren, some of whom have had the “pleasure” of being singled out. Because I’ve always walked to “my own drummer”, I’ld instilled that in my own kids. My oldest daughter was Goth before it was cool. Her son is now a senior in high school and has ADHD and had to deal with bullies because he was “different.”

It’s important to not only stop the bullies by teaching our own kids what bullying is and what it does to someone, but also to teach our kids how to cope with bullying. Give them skills to deal with it, give them outlets to talk it out. Get them (and keep them) involved in groups that feed their ego and sense of belonging and accomplishment. My kids grew up in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and science fiction conventions. They made friends of artists, writers, costumers, and people who would teach them what they were interested in. This has carried through now to the grandkids, who are learning music, art, costuming (I have a zombie at a haunted house as an oldest grandson) and they have their parents and grandparents and others as outlets if someone bullies them.

My oldest granddaughter (a budding writer!) who is now 10, showed her bully just how she dealt with them and how unafraid she was when she was 6 and in first grade. A third grader (8 yr old) on the bus was tormenting her, picking on her because she has a speech impediment. She had her hair pulled and she was taunted. She finally got enough and turned around to face her bully. She drew herself up and said, “If you do not leave me alone, I’m going to sic my guardian dragon on you and he’ll not only eat you, he’ll burp you out in pieces. Now sit down and shut up!” The kid tried it one more time and she turned around, made a face, pulled her hands into claws, and ROARED at him. She said he moved away and never sat near her again. And, her stories are usually about dragons of one kind or another now that she’s writing.

Don’t just stop the bullies, teach your kids and give them an outlet and a safe place and way to vent.
Charlayne Elizabeth Denney´s last [type] ..Hello world!

Mandy M. Roth
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:28 am

Charlayne, thank you so much for sharing your story! I have to admit I got to the part about your granddaughter and her guardian dragon and I smiled wide. I love that she has that kind of imagination in the face of bullying.

AH
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:05 am

Thank you for doing this. I’ve seen so many kids hurt by bullying and it makes me so angry when the bullies don’t even think that they are being hurtful. Making people aware is a great start.

Regina
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:28 am

Thank you for doing this. To show our support (and completely inspired by you all!), at the blog I team write on we have linked to your site and reviewed a book dealing with bullying. This is such an important topic and I find myself shocked that no matter how far we have come with technology, people are still hurting each other and adults are still either not aware or ignoring it. Parents, teachers and coaches need to get the message that they need to step forward and help. And kids need to know that there are people out there that want to help.

Lori Meehan
Oct 19, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I have a client who’s granddaughter was bullied severally ay school. They have seance started an organization against bullying.
Please visit: http://www.beyoufoundation.org
RuthAnn Johnson is a lovely , smart and talented teenager.

Select Mandy Pen Name Titles

Raven Magazine FREE

Copyright © 2014 Nocturnal Journal All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.

This blog and all its contents are for a mature audience only. Must be 18 years or older to be here and to read blog contents. If you are not 18 years or older, leave. *PRIZES-If you win a prize in a contest or theme day (etc) from Mandy's blog or from any of its affiliates and do not claim it within 14 days, its void.

We do this for the sanity of the record keepers.